Brief

For my A2 Media Advanced Production Portfolio I needed to select my assignment brief. The brief that I selected was to create a teaser trailer as the main text and a magazine front cover and a poster as the two ancillary texts. Throughout my A2 Media Advanced Production Portfolio I will carry out primary and secondary research into existing products of these texts as well as carry out my own research primary research. From this I will then need to do planning for my production, before it can take place. After production I will then evaluate it’s success.

Friday, 29 January 2010

Research: Secondary (Directors Interview)

http://www.filmgecko.com/interview-with-jon-turteltaub-director-of-national-treasure-2/

The hyperlink above links to an interview with the director Jon Turteltaub. This interview was made after the production of the film 'National Treasure 2' by Jon Turteltaub, which I analysed the teaser trailer, magazine front cover and poster.
I chose to include this interview with my research for existing products because the interviewer asks the director about difficulties that modern film have that were not common ten years ago. To this question Jon Turteltaub responds: " the biggest issue in the movie business today. Cost. It’s stupid how expensive it is." Showing difficulty in production due to cost shows how important it is to the audience to have a film that looks big budgeted. Even if the story line is good the audience prefers something that looks expensively made. This is something to take into account in my project as I won't be able to recreate anything too fancy and expensive looking. Something that Jon Turteltaub did say was: "the revolution in digital technology has been a big plus for movies" this is useful as the technology that I will be using during the creation of my teaser trailer, magazine and poster is digital technology.
Another response that interested me was how the director viewed violence in his films. He said that: "I thought if I could come up with a character who was just as brave and athletic as any other action hero, but used his head instead of a gun to get out of trouble, then we’d be making a more interesting film and maybe doing a good thing by not encouraging kids to solve problems with guns." I thought that this was a very important aspect to think of , 'violence', when thinking of making a film. I liked his idea of the bad guys using weapons, but the good guys don't - therefore sending a good message to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment